Field Trip Background

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Don't Sing at the Table


That's the title of the book I read at work today! (How great is it that I can read books while getting paid?!) Don't Sing at the Table is a darling book, by Adriana Trigiani, about life lessons she learned from her grandmothers while growing up. Through their examples, her grandmothers taught her how to be a strong, courageous, poised, la bella figura, woman, and she shares those lessons so we can learn them too! The lessons in this book are so valuable!! The ONLY thing that could make this book better is if the women in it were southern (by the way, does anyone out there know of any books like this about southern women?). Reading is my most favorite pastime so if y'all know of any great books please send 'em my way! :)

Check out the back cover of the book to see why I couldn't put it down. Cute, right?

Also, since this post is about reading I wanted to know if anyone out there has a Kindle or a Nook, and what y'all think about them? I'm not sure if I am really the type of person to read off of a screen. I love bookshelves full of books I've read, but I do see the benefit of being about to carry around literally thousands of books in your purse! So, what do y'all think??

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to drop by and say how touch I was by your comment on my latest blog post! It means alot :) Can't wait to continue reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete