Field Trip Background

Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Temporary Home

I'm finally back home, if you can really call it that. I returned to my apartment after a 2 week Christmas visit at my mom's. The heat hadn't been on at all so my apartment was freezing but immediately my heart was warmed. I know people say that home is where your heart is, but I think home is where your STUFF is!! There's nothing quite like coming back to that place. It was extremely difficult to live out of my suitcase and Vera Bradley duffle, and sleep in a twin size bed in my little sister's room for the past 2 weeks. I'm so glad I did it, but what a wonderful feeling to sit in my own (queen size!) bed as I write this.


That also means that tomorrow is my first day back to work in two weeks... the nice thing about long breaks is that I don't mind going back to work when they're over. Check back next week to see if I still feel that way! The other thing this means is that another semester of college is about to start. My LAST semester, to be exact! I will spend this upcoming semester learning to become the teacher I want to be. I'll be applying for a student teaching position for the fall and perfecting my resume so that I can apply for teaching positions! I am so terribly scared and excited all at the same time! I have to decide what county I want to do my student teaching in, and decide where I want to apply for teaching positions and ultimately settle down and make a home for myself. My life feels so transitory right now. It is overwhelming at times, and definitely keeps me up at night but my plan is to pray pray pray and give it all to God. I'm asking for His guidance because He always knows what is best.

Time for a cup of peppermint mocha coffee, my new Tyler candle, and a Law and Order: SVU marathon... I'm home! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment